- support our high quality preschools
- provide shared services such as insurance within the schools
- educate the parents more effectively
- share solutions to common challenges and questions
- raise awareness about our schools within the Peninsula community.
San Mateo Council is this area’s branch of the statewide California Council of Parent Participation Nursery Schools. We strive to promote the growth and interest in the parent participation movement. The benefits of the council are:
- Connections with other organizations, agencies or legislative bodies working in the fields of health, education and welfare
- Access to a Family Consultant Service, a professional referral service, made up of professionals in a variety of areas, including legal services, speech therapy, family services, etc.
- Sponsorship of community events
- Comprehensive insurance coverage designed specifically for parent co-op schools
- Council-wide information sharing amongst member school
Facts You Should Know
- Parent participation nursery schools are inter-cultural, nonsectarian and non-profit.
- Teachers are highly qualified and trained in early childhood and parent education.
- Standards of health and safety are rigidly maintained.
In a Parent Participation Nursery School, you will share in your child’s first school experience, helping him or her take those important first steps toward independence