The Family Consultant Service
…A professional directory available to:
- San Mateo County Nursery Schools and preschools affiliated with CCPPNS.
- Families currently enrolled in a member San Mateo Council Nursery School, or Preschool.
- The Director and Staffs of these schools.
- Alumni of these schools.
How to Use the Service
Contact the consultant and inform him or her that you are a member or alumnus of the San Mateo Council of Parent Participation Nursery Schools.
All consultants participating in this service offer their services at a reduced rate. Some consultants provide their services at a 10-25% reduction of their normal rates. Some offer a discount on their initial evaluation. Some consultants use a sliding fee scale. The consultants will explain their fee structure and applicable fee reductions. Additional fees may be charged for testing, reporting, documentation or other special services. Some consultants have limited availability.
This resource is not sponsored by or affiliated with California Council of Parent Participation Nursery Schools (CCPPNS). It is provided for your convenience.
CCPPNS and SMCPPNS does not endorse any individual or companies listed in the directory. Nor does CCPPNS and SMCPPNS verify the experience and credentials of the firms and individuals, and strongly recommends that you ask for and check references before hiring anyone included on the list. It is your responsibility to do your own due diligence.
(as of February 2017)
- Laurence Dugong | Barulich Dugoni Law Group | San Mateo
(650) 292-2900 | www.bdlawinc.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Specializes in estate planning, wills and trusts, probate.
ASSESSMENTS, TUTORING, & ADVOCACY
- Susan Enochs, PhD | Clinical Psychologist | San Mateo
(650) 619-7677 | www.drenochs.com | email@example.com
Specializes in psychoeducational assessment of children including ADHD, Aspergers, autism, giftedness, learning disabilities, and anxiety/depression.
- Peggy McLean | (650) 302-4203 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alison Fox Mazzola | (650) 219-6432 | email@example.com
Elementary Mathematics consultants K-5. Available to lead workshops for parents and teachers on the use of manipulative materials to develop understanding for concepts expected at the elementary school level. Individual tutoring for students K-8.
- Aneea Toomajian, MA, PPS, LMFT | (415) 235-2044
Educational & Behavioral Consultant | San Mateo
www.positiveperspectives.org | firstname.lastname@example.org
Specializes in family and child therapy, as well as educational advocacy for children & families with learning or behavioral difficulties.
- Brian C. Wong, CFP, ChFC, CLU | (650) 577-3909
Financial Advisor | Waddell & Reed Inc. | San Mateo
www.bwong.wrfa.com | email@example.com
Committed to assisting families with their financial planning and wealth management needs. Areas of expertise include education funding, investments, retirement planning, life insurance and disability needs, living trusts and wills.
- Curtis S. Chen, CFP | (650) 631-0600
Financial Advisor | Chen Financial Group, LLC | Belmont
www.chenfinancial.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Offers personal financial planning & investment advisory services.
GENERAL PARENTING SUPPORT & POSITIVE DISCIPLINE
- Stephanie Agnew | Parent Education Coordinator | Parent’s Place
San Mateo | (650) 931-1841 | stephanieA@jfcs.org
Specializes in early childhood education, positive discipline, and behavior management for young children. Offers private consultations for families, child observation at home or school, teacher training workshops, and classes on a variety of topics.
- Teresa Morris | (650) 303-8728 | SF Bay Area
Specializing in solving infant/child sleep and behavior challenges. Focus is on creating the desired changes through an age-appropriate, gentle and gradual approach that also emphasizes parent participation and education.
- Kimberly Goncalves | email@example.com
Certified Positive Discipline Trainer
Certified Professional Co-active Coach
www.parenting4thelongrun.com | (650) 440-3148
Raise capable kids – in a way that’s joyful, sustainable: invite cooperation, restore calm, teach skills, enjoy parenting more. Clear goals & effective tools change behavior, build confidence.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- Eunice Kan, L. AC., Dipl. O.M. | San Mateo | (650) 525-9355
Live Well Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine | www.livewelltcm.com
Licensed Acupuncturist & Herbalist | firstname.lastname@example.org
Specializes in women’s health/fertility, orthopedic/sports acupuncture, pain management, facial rejuvenation/dermatology and pediatrics.
- Cynthia Sholes, PhD | Lifestyle Trainer | Redwood City
www.mindwaveinstitute.com | (650) 704-1252
Stress reduction and weight loss for optimal health and vitality.
- Kandice Stellmon | Certified Nutrition Consultant | Belmont
Whole Family Wellness | www.wholefamilywellness.org
Offers holistic nutrition consultation for both children and adults. Areas of focus include food allergies and sensitivities, ADHD, digestive wellness and well child nutrition. Individual appointments and classes are available.
- Jason Takeuchi, M.D. | San Mateo
Child, Adolescent and Adult Psychiatry
(650) 348-4900 | www.childthink.com
Specializes in cognitive behavioral therapy, ADD, mood disorders, autism, and parenting issues.
- Keely Sikes Rollings, Psy. D., MBA | Half Moon Bay & Los Altos
(650) 270-9388 | email@example.com
Works with children, teens and adults dealing with depression, anxiety and AD(H)D. Specializes in working with parents on discipline strategies, sibling rivalry, and healthy parent/child relationships.
- Lorita Bank, Ph.D | (650) 212-2265 | San Mateo
Specializing in young children, adolescents, individuals, couples and families.
- Carole Derry, Ph. D | (415) 822-7860 | San Francisco
Specializes in cross-cultural issues, physical and emotional abilities, neuro-psychological issues, families with transition or crisis, as well as children and adolescents.
- Krysta Banazek, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT)
San Mateo | (650) 576-6764 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Therapy for children, adults and families. Specialties include: play-based therapy, parenting challenges, balancing work and family, life transitions.
- Jacki Silber, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT)
Redwood City | (650) 363-0383, x119 | email@example.com
Expertise in pregnancy; postpartum adjustment, involving mood, anxiety and identity; loss; EDMR; and trauma. Focus on creating satisfying individual, marital, and family lives while raising young, vibrant, growing children.
- Kirsten Smith, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
(650) 483-1914 | Redwood City | firstname.lastname@example.org
Works with children, families, couples and individuals with a focus on identifying personal road blocks and forming new paths in a direction of healing. Specializes in women and mothers.
- Suzanne Hughes, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT)
Transitions Counseling Services | San Carlos
(415) 860-1475 | (650) 595-8700
www.suzannehughesmft.com | www.transitionssancarlos.com
A family-focused clinic specializing in life transitions. Provides assessments, counseling, advocacy, seminars, and consultations.
SPEECH, LEARNING AND OTHER DEVELOPMENTAL NEEDS
- Associated Learning & Language Specialists | Redwood City
(650) 631-9999 | www.allsinc.com | email@example.com
Speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, behavioral/developmental therapy, Hanen Parent Training, Inclusion Pre-school, Infant/Toddler Program, AAC evaluations and therapy, screenings.
- Julie Lieberman Neale, MA, Professional Coach and Consultant
JLN Coaching and Consulting | San Mateo
(415) 377-7521 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Coaches and consults with parents of children with autism. Provides parents with resources and information, facilitation to develop a plan after diagnosis, and strategies to prioritize and sustain themselves through the process of championing their child.
- Alexia Mazzone, MS, CCC-SLP | (650) 344-9961
TALK – Teaching & Assessing Language for Kids | Burlingame
www.talkpeninsula.com | email@example.com
Pediatric speech and language therapy practice offering assessments and programs for speech, voice, language, fluency, social and developmental delays and disorders.
- Melisa Kaye, MS, OTR/L | (415) 533-0324
Firefly Center: Therapy Services for Children | San Mateo
www.fireflycenter.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Occupational therapy for children, including fine motor and handwriting, large motor skills/sports, eye-hand coordination and perception, sensory processing and integration, self-regulation, social skills and school readiness.
- Judy McCrary Koeppen, MS, CCC SLP
Director, Speech Language Pathologist
(650) 576-4271 | Sage Therapy | Redwood City
www.sagetherapy.com | email@example.com
Specializing in pediatric speech, occupational and feeding therapies. Vendor for GGRC “zero to three.” Focus on play-based therapy, functional goals, and family education and involvement. Special addition of Izzy the therapy dog.
- OT 4 Kids | Belmont | (650) 592-1112
www.ot-4kids.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Occupational therapy for children (ages 3-10) to enhance sensory/ motor development. Therapy addresses gross motor skills (balance and coordination), fine motor skills including handwriting, spatial perception, sensory sensitivity, difficulty with modulation and self-regulation. Screenings offered for kindergarten readiness.
Need Help? Check out the Family Consultant Service
Are you worried that your lack of a will and estate plan may leave your family unprepared for unseen events? Are you finding that despite all of your co-op parenting skills you feel consistently challenged by the task of raising a “spirited” toddler? Do you suspect that your child may need speech therapy and testing? The Family Consultant Service is a directory that lists experts who can help with the following issues:
- Individual and family counseling
- Health and Wellness
- Speech therapy
- Financial and estate planning
- Occupational therapy
- Learning disabilities
- Educational difficulties